Events and Work Trips
Restoration Work Trips, Parties and Gatherings
People are at the heart of what we do. That's why we host a variety of events that build our community. From educational events, to social gatherings, fundraisers, calendar exhibitions and , there's something for everyone.
Browse through the complete listing of current events here. Or, if you are specifically interested in our volunteer work trips, be sure to check out the annual. We add events frequently so sign up for our Sagenet email updates to make sure you don't miss out on any of the fun.
- Steens Route Monitoring and Restoration Trip from Aug 26, 2014 03:00 PM to Aug 31, 2014 10:00 AM — Steens,
- This work trip focuses on route monitoring within the Steens Mountain Cooperative Management Area. In addition to monitoring we will spend one day working to restore an illegal route built within the Steen's Wilderness. The majority of the trip will be spent hiking and driving other routes and areas to monitor for unauthorized vehicle routes, cattle trespass, etc.
- 2014 Sutton Mountain Wilderness Monitoring Trip from Sep 04, 2014 05:00 PM to Sep 07, 2014 02:00 PM — Sutton Mountain,
- Sutton Mountain Wilderness Monitoring Trip Difficulty Rating: 3 out of 5 September 4th (Thursday PM) to September 7th (Sunday AM) Spend a weekend becoming intimately familiar with one of central Oregon's most iconic plateaus. During this trip we will monitor as much of the Wilderness Study Area boundary as our legs will allow. We will hike within the WSA, and bike, and drive the boundary looking for such things as unauthorized vehicle routes and cattle trespass.
- Steens Backcountry Fence Pull from Sep 09, 2014 05:00 PM to Sep 14, 2014 12:00 PM — Steens,
- Annual Steens Mountain Backcountry Fence Pull Trip Difficulty Rating: 4 out of 5 September 9th (Tuesday PM) to September 14th (Sunday AM) An ONDA classic that volunteers look forward to every year. Backpack out to the basecamp at "Cold Springs" and spend several days pulling out some of the last remaining miles of obsolete fence in the cow-free Steens.
- Wilderness Weekend | Sept. 18-20 from Sep 18, 2014 07:00 PM to Sep 20, 2014 10:00 PM — Various locations around Bend, Oregon,
- ONDA, along with our Presenting Sponsor Patagonia, partners and supporters, is thrilled to bring the 2014 Wilderness Weekend to Bend, Oregon from September 18-20. Over the course of three days, we’ll celebrate the wonders of Wilderness, the 50th Anniversary of the Wilderness Act and our incredible wild deserts.
- Leslie Gulch Public Lands Weekend Day-Hikes from Sep 25, 2014 06:00 PM to Sep 28, 2014 03:00 PM — Owyhee Canyonlands,
- Have you ever wanted to walk into a natural amphitheater made of red stone and blue sky? A group hike through a drainage in the Leslie Gulch Wilderness Study Area to commemorate National Trails Day may just be your chance. We will spend the weekend exploring some of the most beautiful places in all of the Owyhee Canyonlands.
- Owyhee Canyonlands Wilderness Monitoring from Oct 02, 2014 03:00 PM to Oct 05, 2014 12:00 PM — Owyhee,
- Imagine a place with an unending horizon filled with pronghorn antelope grazing amidst gently rolling sagebrush hills. That's the southern part of the Owyhee Canyonlands. This vast landscape sees the human visitor only on occasion: Be one of the lucky few and gather valuable photographic information about two established Wilderness Study Areas.
- Rattlesnake Springs Backcountry Restoration from Oct 16, 2014 11:00 AM to Oct 19, 2014 02:00 PM
- Pine Creek Conservation Area Rattlesnake Spring Restoration Trip Difficulty Rating: 3 out of 5 October 16 (Thursday PM) to October 19 (Sunday AM) Rattlesnake Canyon is one of ONDA's "adopted watersheds" in the Pine Creek Conservation Area. We will truck you in to this remote site in 4WD vehicles to a base-camp where we will take the next step in restoring the springs and surrounding area by replanting and restoring one of area's rare and important natural springs.
- Malheur National Refuge Fence Repair from Oct 16, 2014 04:00 PM to Oct 19, 2014 12:00 PM — Malheur National Wildlife Refuge,
- Help us repair boundary fence that is the only thing standing between cows and the refuge's important nesting areas. The refuge is a unique area that protects thousands of acres of globally critical habitat. It's going to be an amazing place to spend the penultimate ONDA work trip of the season!
- Hart Mountain Mule Deer Survey Trip from Nov 20, 2014 02:00 PM to Nov 23, 2014 12:00 AM
- Hart Mountain Mule Deer Survey Trip Difficulty Rating: 2 out of 5 November 20 (Thursday PM) to November 23 (Sunday PM) Most people think about pronghorn antelope when they head to Hart Mountain National Antelope Refuge. As the name implies, Hart Mountain was preserved with pronghorn in mind. But mule deer also roam across the Refuge and the intact habitat is critical for the species survival. Mule deer numbers have declined across the west due to habitat loss and other factors. Come join us on Hart Mountain in late fall as we monitor mule deer numbers to help with management and conservation of this iconic western species.