Events and Work Trips
Restoration Work Trips, Parties and Gatherings
People are at the heart of what we do. That's why we host a variety of events that build our community. From educational events, to social gatherings, fundraisers, calendar exhibitions and , there's something for everyone.
Browse through the complete listing of current events here. Or, if you are specifically interested in our volunteer work trips, be sure to check out the annual. We add events frequently so sign up for our Sagenet email updates to make sure you don't miss out on any of the fun.
- Owyhee Canyonlands Wilderness Monitoring from Oct 02, 2014 03:00 PM to Oct 05, 2014 12:00 PM — Owyhee,
- Imagine a place with an unending horizon filled with pronghorn antelope grazing amidst gently rolling sagebrush hills. That's the southern part of the Owyhee Canyonlands. This vast landscape sees the human visitor only on occasion: Be one of the lucky few and gather valuable photographic information about two established Wilderness Study Areas.
- Discovery and Adventure on the Oregon Desert Trail Oct 08, 2014 from 07:00 PM to 09:00 PM — Mazamas, 527 SE 43rd Ave., Portland,
- The Oregon Natural Desert Association and Mazamas present long-distance hiker Shane Von Schlemp, who in 2014 completed the Oregon Desert Trail, the new 800-mile route across the state. Join us in Portland to learn about his 34 days afield in this free event.
- Rattlesnake Springs Backcountry Restoration from Oct 16, 2014 11:00 AM to Oct 19, 2014 02:00 PM
- Pine Creek Conservation Area Rattlesnake Spring Restoration Trip Difficulty Rating: 3 out of 5 October 16 (Thursday PM) to October 19 (Sunday AM) Rattlesnake Canyon is one of ONDA's "adopted watersheds" in the Pine Creek Conservation Area. We will truck you in to this remote site in 4WD vehicles to a base-camp where we will take the next step in restoring the springs and surrounding area by replanting and restoring one of area's rare and important natural springs.
- Malheur National Refuge Fence Repair from Oct 16, 2014 04:00 PM to Oct 19, 2014 12:00 PM — Malheur National Wildlife Refuge,
- Help us repair boundary fence that is the only thing standing between cows and the refuge's important nesting areas. The refuge is a unique area that protects thousands of acres of globally critical habitat. It's going to be an amazing place to spend the penultimate ONDA work trip of the season!
- Hart Mountain Mule Deer Survey Trip from Nov 20, 2014 02:00 PM to Nov 23, 2014 12:00 AM
- Hart Mountain Mule Deer Survey Trip Difficulty Rating: 2 out of 5 November 20 (Thursday PM) to November 23 (Sunday PM) Most people think about pronghorn antelope when they head to Hart Mountain National Antelope Refuge. As the name implies, Hart Mountain was preserved with pronghorn in mind. But mule deer also roam across the Refuge and the intact habitat is critical for the species survival. Mule deer numbers have declined across the west due to habitat loss and other factors. Come join us on Hart Mountain in late fall as we monitor mule deer numbers to help with management and conservation of this iconic western species.