Events and Work Trips
Restoration Work Trips, Parties and Gatherings
People are at the heart of what we do. That's why we host a variety of events that build our community. From educational events, to social gatherings, fundraisers, calendar exhibitions and , there's something for everyone.
Browse through the list of upcoming events below. Or, you if you are specifically interested in our volunteer work trips, you'll find detailed information on our current We update our annual calendar of volunteer work trips each February. And, we add events frequently. Stay in the loop when you sign up for our .Sagenet email updates and you won't miss out on any of the fun.
- Silvies Valley Spring Riparian Planting Trip from Jun 20, 2013 05:00 PM to Jun 23, 2013 08:00 AM — Silvies Valley Ranch,
- Difficulty Rating: 2 out of 5 June 20 (Thursday PM) to June 23 (Sunday AM) ONDA is in its second year of a new project that assesses restoration techniques on a 40,000 acre ranch encompassing the headwaters of the Silvies River. We will spend two days working on the ranch planting trees and helping to create a native wetland.
- Honeycombs Wilderness Study Area trip from Jun 20, 2013 06:00 PM to Jun 23, 2013 12:00 PM — Owhyee Canyonlands,
- Difficulty Rating: 4 out of 5 June 20th (Thursday PM) to June 23rd (Sunday PM) Discover out of the way adventure in the Owyhee Canyonlands! Rugged and breath-taking, the canyons and geological formations in the Honeycombs WSA delight the eye and soul. Our hike through Painted Canyon will be a picturesque journey through old-growth sagebrush and a red rock maze. Additionally, we'll cover ground on the Oregon Desert Trail through the many intriguing washes in Leslie Gulch.
- Wilderness Inventory of Diablo Mountains from Jun 27, 2013 05:00 PM to Jun 30, 2013 04:00 PM — Diablo Mountains WSA,
- Difficulty Rating: 2 out of 5 June 27 (Thursday PM) to June 30 (Sunday PM) One of the coolest places you haven't been yet in eastern Oregon. Bordered by Summer lake, and consisting of dunes, sinks and buttes this area has great allure for desert rat exploring! Help us document the wilderness character of this WSA and proposed additions in support of its proposal.
- Steens Backcountry Fence Pull from Aug 27, 2013 06:00 PM to Sep 01, 2013 01:00 PM
- Steens Backcountry Fence Pull Difficulty Rating 4 out of 5 August 27 (Tuesday PM) to September 1 (Sunday AM) An ONDA classic that volunteers look forward to every year. This Labor Day Weekend, backpack out to the basecamp at "Cold Springs" and spend several days pulling out some of the last remaining miles of obsolete fence in the cow-free Steens!
- Cherry Creek Riparian Planting #2 from Aug 30, 2013 05:00 PM to Sep 01, 2013 10:00 AM — Cherry Creek near Clarno,
- Difficulty Rating: 1 August 30 (Friday PM) to September 1 (Sunday AM) Take part in an ongoing restoration effort to enhance critical steelhead habitat along Cherry Creek. This cooperative project between the state, ONDA, and a conservation-minded private landowner will restore nearly two miles of critical habitat along a major John Day tributary.
- Pine Creek Conservation Area Backcountry Fence Pull #1 from Sep 12, 2013 03:00 PM to Sep 15, 2013 10:00 AM — Pine Creek Conservation Area,
- Difficulty rating: 3 out of 5. September 12 (PM) to September 15(AM). The years first trip to the high heart of PCCA. On this trip we will begin the removal of this remote ridge following fenceline that cuts the Conservation Area in two. We will be shuttled out to the base-camp via 4-wheel-drive and then hike, work, and play in gorgeous surroundings.
- Pine Creek Conservation Area Fence Pull #2 from Sep 19, 2013 04:00 PM to Sep 22, 2013 11:00 AM — Pine Creek Conservation Area,
- Difficulty Rating 3 out of 5 September 19 (Thursday PM) to September 22 (Sunday PM) Return to the high heart of PCCA to finish the removal of this remote ridge-top fenceline that cuts the Conservation Area in two. We will be shuttled out to the base-camp via 4-wheel-drive, then hike and work our fannies off in gorgeous surroundings.
- Moonlight Butte Wilderness Inventory Trip from Sep 19, 2013 05:00 PM to Sep 22, 2013 09:00 AM — SE Oregon,
- Difficulty Rating: 1 out of 5 September 19 (Thursday PM) to September 22 (Sunday AM) From a car-accessible base-camp we will spend two full days exploring and gathering data for wilderness characteristics around Moonlight Butte in the area near Christmas Valley.
- Silvies Valley Fall Aspen Planting Trip from Sep 27, 2013 05:00 PM to Sep 29, 2013 08:00 AM — Silvies Valley Ranch,
- Difficulty Rating: 1 out of 5 September 27 (Friday PM) to September 29 (Sunday AM) ONDA is in its second year of a new project that assesses restoration techniques on a 40,000 acre ranch encompassing the headwaters of the Silvies River. On this trip we will spend the day planting trees along recently restored riparian areas.
- Pine Creek Conservation Area Backcountry Fence Pull: Rattlesnake Canyon from Oct 10, 2013 03:00 PM to Oct 13, 2013 11:00 AM — Pine Creek Conservation Area,
- Difficulty Rating: 3 out of 5 October 10 (Thursday PM) to October 13 (Sunday AM) What a great way to finish off ONDA's volunteer season. We will get shuttled out safari-style to the headwaters of Rattlesnake Canyon. From our base-camp we'll pull out fence keeping wildlife from a wonderfully little spring.