- This event has passed.
Cottonwood Canyon Guided Hike
May 12, 2018 @ 6:30 am - 4:30 pm
Get out of Portland and into the desert! This hike along the lower John Day River will be guided by knowledgeable volunteers who will discuss high desert ecology and ONDA’s conservation mission. Cottonwood Canyon is Oregon’s newest and second-largest state park and is about a 2-hour drive from Portland. Meet us at 6:30 a.m. at the Gateway Transit Center parking lot to carpool from town, or meet us in the day use area by 9 a.m. to hit the trail.
Difficulty: Gentle, 7-mile hike along the John Day River.
ONDA Hiker information
- Hikes have a limited capacity. As such, we ask that you only register for hikes that you are certain you will attend.
- Expect a phone call from us the week before the hike confirming your attendance. We will have a waitlist for each hike and will release your spot to someone on the waitlist if we are unable to confirm your attendance.
- Each hiker is required to sign a liability release form at the beginning of the hike.
- We love our furry friends, but your pet is not invited on this trip.
- Hikers will meet at the Gateway Transit Center – 1321 NE 99th Ave, Portland, OR – and carpool to the trailhead.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. More information and registration is available on Eventbrite.