- This event has passed.
Deschutes River Guided Hike
May 19, 2018 @ 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Get out of Portland and into the desert! This hike along the lower Deschutes River will be guided by volunteers who will discuss high desert ecology and ONDA’s conservation mission. The Deschutes River State Recreation Area will give you a taste of eastern Oregon public lands, and is about a 2-hour drive from Portland. Meet us at 7 a.m. at the Gateway Transit Center parking lot to carpool from town, or meet us in the day use area by 9 a.m. to hit the trail.
Difficulty: Moderate, 5-mile hike along the Deschutes River with 500ft elevation change.
ONDA Hiker information
- Hikes have a limited capacity. As such, we ask that you only register for hikes that you are certain you will attend.
- Expect a phone call from us the week before the hike confirming your attendance. We will have a waitlist for each hike and will release your spot to someone on the waitlist if we are unable to confirm your attendance.
- Each hiker is required to sign a liability release form at the beginning of the hike.
- We love our furry friends, but your pet is not invited on this trip.
- Hikers will meet at the Gateway Transit Center – 1321 NE 99th Ave, Portland, OR – and carpool to the trailhead. Do you have a car you are willing to drive for the hike? Let us know how many people you can take, including yourself. If you are able and willing to drive, please come with a full tank of gas. If you can’t or do not wish to drive, please bring cash and plan to contribute between 5 and 10 cents per mile to the driver of your carpool. Directions will be provided for drivers.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. Full information and registration is available on Eventbrite.
Photo: Sage Brown