Events and Work Trips
Restoration Work Trips, Parties and Gatherings
Browse through the list of upcoming events below. Or, you if you are specifically interested in our volunteer work trips, you'll find detailed information on our current We update our annual calendar of volunteer work trips each February. And, we add events frequently. Stay in the loop when you sign up for our Sagenet email updates and you won't miss out on any of the fun.
- KEEN Live Monumental in Bend Aug 13, 2015 from 05:30 PM to 07:30 PM — Crow's Feet Commons, 875 NW Brooks St., Bend,
- Join ONDA and KEEN Footwear for the Bend stop of KEEN's Live Monumental tour. The event will be a chance to enjoy beverages on KEEN, play a game or two and add your voice by signing petitions to urge for protection of the Owyhee.
- Owyhee Canyonlands Monitoring Trip from Sep 10, 2015 03:00 PM to Sep 13, 2015 12:00 PM — Owyhee Canyonlands,
- Difficulty Rating: 3 out of 5 Following up on a similar trip in 2014, this year's trip will monitor ecological conditions along the West Little Owyhee River. While we hope to find an improvement in the ecological health of the riparian area, there is no doubt volunteers will find the remote beauty of the Owyhee Canyonlands unforgettable. Don't miss this opportunity to explore and help protect the fabled Owyhee Canyonlands.
- Backcountry Fence Pull at Pine Creek Conservation Area from Sep 17, 2015 12:00 PM to Sep 20, 2015 02:00 PM — Pine Creek Conservation Area,
- Difficulty Rating 3 of 5 Sept. 17 (Thurs. PM) to 20 (Sunday AM) Volunteers will get trucked out "safari style" to where we can set up a base camp amongst lands where BLM and the Conservation Area are swapping property as a final step in finalizing the Wilderness designation of Spring Basin. In some cases, it is an advantage to get fence pulled quick before it becomes Wilderness, and in some cases, BLM land that comes to the Conservation Area can have fence removed since there will be no grazing.
- Backcountry Fence Mapping at Cottonwood Canyon State Park from Sep 24, 2015 05:00 PM to Sep 27, 2015 12:00 PM — Cottonwood Canyon State Park,
- Backcountry Fence Mapping at Cottonwood Canyon State Park Difficulty Rating: 3 of 5 September 24 (Thurs. PM) to 27 (Sunday AM) Located on the John Day River, Cottonwood Canyon State Park is Oregon's newest and second largest state park. Volunteers will help inventory remnant fence, from when this property was an active cattle ranch, for the purpose of identifying which fences to remove in order to improve wildlife habitat and the recreational experience of visitors. While ONDA volunteers work in a lot of beautiful places, the rugged beauty of this park rivals that of any other east side jewel.
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival Oct 02, 2015 from 03:00 PM to 10:00 PM — Tower Theatre, Downtown Bend,
- Save the date! Oregon Natural Desert Association is bringing the Wild & Scenic Film Festival back to Bend for two showings at the Tower Theatre. Mark your calendar and get ready to spend First Friday this October enjoying stunning imagery and inspiring conservation stories.
- Clarno Nursery Willow Harvest Oct 03, 2015 from 08:00 AM to 05:30 PM — Clarno,
- Difficulty Rating: 1 out of 5 October 3 (Saturday AM/PM) Join ONDA for a laid back work trip in the beautiful John Day River country. This trip will be held at the Clarno Nursery where ONDA staff and volunteers will harvest and prep a variety of native plants that will be used in future ONDA restoration trips. A great single day outing that is critical to the success of many other restoration trips!
- Malheur National Wildlife Refuge Fence Repair from Oct 08, 2015 03:30 PM to Oct 11, 2015 12:00 PM — Malheur NWR,
- Difficulty Rating: 2 out of 5 Malheur National Wildlife Refuge is a unique area that protects thousands of acres of globally critical habitat particularly for birds. A simple wire fence is the only physical barrier to keep detrimental impacts from entering the Refuge and ONDA volunteers are going to ensure that fence is in working order. Join us as we camp, hike, restore and explore this incredible wildlife refuge.
- Major Restoration Planting on South Fork Crooked River from Oct 22, 2015 05:00 PM to Oct 25, 2015 12:00 PM — South Fork Crooked River,
- Difficulty Rating: 3 of 5 October 20 (Thurs. PM) to 25 (Sunday PM) ONDA will be engaging in a major replanting project looking to fundamentally and dramatically improve the habitat along the South Fork of the Crooked river. This year alone we aim to get more than 6,000 native plants into the ground, do seedings and remove juniper. And this is just the start! And to top it off, the landowner will be donating to ONDA the equivalent value of the work done: so your work not only accomplishes something lasting and important that day, but then goes on to fund other important, lasting work elsewhere in eastern Oregon. We'll need "all hands on deck" for this one.
- Portland Year End Celebration Nov 12, 2015 from 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM — KEEN headquarters | 505 NW 13th Ave | Portland, OR 97209,
- Mark your calendars and save the date for the 2015 ONDA Year End Celebration in Portland. Join ONDA members, volunteers, staff, board and special guests as we tie the bow on another fabulous year spent in service of our shared passion: the protection, defense, and restoration of Oregon's incredible high desert. More details coming soon.