Calling all photographers—use your creativity and talent to support conservation! Submit your best shots of Oregon’s high desert for a chance to have your photos featured in our iconic Wild Desert Calendar.
ONDA’s Wild Desert Calendar
- Features the stunning landscapes of Oregon’s high desert
- Inspires action to protect and restore wild lands, waterways, and wildlife
- Is a unique all-volunteer effort—it’s the only published collection of images devoted exclusively to Oregon’s high desert
- Is high profile – the Wild Desert Calendar is mailed to 4,000 ONDA members and is sold by 40+ retail vendors statewide
Submission deadline: June 8, 2018
Fill out the Image Use Agreement and upload your photos online HERE
- Photo submission format requirements:
- JPEG files
- Label image file to include photographer’s name and abbreviated image location (e.g. JoeSmith_OrCanyon1.jpg) and submit a corresponding written image description (e.g. Canyon Wall near Overlook Point, Oregon Canyonlands, Joe Smith)
- NOTE: Print quality 300 dpi TIFF files must be available if your image(s) are selected.
- Submit no more than ten (10) of your highest quality photographs
- Both professional and amateur photo submissions are encouraged to submit
- Questions? Email Membership & Engagement Coordinator Lindsay Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for getting great photos
- Get inspired! Check out ONDA’s website and the Wild Desert Calendar gallery to get a sense of what ONDA is all about, where we work, and photo form and content ideas.
- Take a variety of shots. Include large-scale landscape images and small-scale shots that focus on details of flora, fauna, landscape textures, hikers, campers, petroglyphs, and other desert wonders.
- Get in touch with ONDA staff for advice on planning a photography trip to Oregon’s wild desert.
- Think natural. Photos of roads, power lines or other signs of permanent human development are unlikely to be selected.
- Read “How to Take Better Images of Oregon’s High Desert” for more advice.