A Video Challenge
Do you want to explore some little-known gems in Oregon’s high desert? Are you excited to share your experience with friends, colleagues, family and ONDA’s community? Can you produce a 2-minute video?
Yes to all of the above? Then we have a perfect volunteer project for you! This fall, we want to send three individuals, or small teams, out to explore some of the coolest Wilderness Study Areas in Oregon’s high desert.
What we’re looking for
- Upbeat videos up to two minutes in length featuring select wild places in Oregon, and perhaps your personal connection to that place.
- Individuals or teams that can supply their own video recording equipment and have enough editing know-how to create a rough cut put to music by October 31, 2018.
What you’ll get
- One-on-one consultation sessions with ONDA staff before and after your video shoot.
- Helpful maps and goodies to keep you fueled up while shooting.
- $100 to fill up your gas tank, rent equipment or get useful new gear.
You don’t need to be a professional videographer to apply. ONDA staff will work with you to give shape to your story and to put the final edits and polish on your piece. You will want to get to know your featured location well enough to share its highlights with others, but exhaustive research is not required.
Check out “A Trip to Abert Rim Wilderness Study Area” for a sample of the kind of video we’re looking for.
ONDA will share the videos created by the selected individuals/teams on our website, our YouTube channel and other social media profiles to help people learn about some of the most interesting, remote and beautiful wild places in Oregon’s high desert.
This is a chance to explore vulnerable places, capture their significance and help protect them. Give your eastern Oregon adventures a deeper purpose!
To be considered for this video challenge, please complete the short questionnaire here or below. Deadline extended to September 3, in honor of the anniversary of the Wilderness Act!