From the Birch Creek Ranch, follow an old road/trail that heads upstream for about a mile before the path disappears. If you want to continue hiking, stay on the east side of the drainage and follow game trails or make your way cross country as far into the Birch Creek Canyon as you like. The canyon is a beautiful green oasis in this remote area of desert. Keep your eye out for wildlife on this hike including bighorn sheep and deer!
Notes and Advice:
- Accessibility is dependent on road conditions. A high clearance, four-wheel-drive vehicle is recommended.
- Beware of poison ivy at the bottom of Birch Creek.
- Water and a pit toilet are available on site.
- A five-unit campground is available at the Lake Owyhee State Park’s Indian Creek Campground.
- BLM’s Birch Creek Ranch brochure